We couldn't find the page you were looking for. Head back to the SEAS Westchester homepage
Wondering what happened? Perhaps you either...
1. Got into irons ("the No-Go Zone") — you've turned into the wind, the sails are luffing, and you can't steer normally.
- Push the boom forward and hold the tiller in the same direction — the boat will start moving backwards, the bow will turn toward the boom, and away from the wind.
- As the wind starts over the boat's windward side, release the sail and pull in the sheets. Pull the tiller away from the boom and sail away!
2. Entered an incorrect URL — don't worry, you didn't break the internet.
- Check the URL and try again, but don't forget to turn your jib leeward to port, while tying a bowline running knot.
- Head to safe winds by clicking here.